Over the next few months I thought it would be fun to show how I personally prepare for a Conference Presentation.
People always ask me
the truth is …
I have no secret….
I just try to improve every year
So here is a preview…..from one of the segments of this series….
Selecting the right examples……
When I present a conference technical presentation I could not just provide any example.
It has to be one that is well thought out or else I will lose the audience. The example has to have (at the least) the following considerations.
- is this relevant to the audience?
- Could they use it or modify it for their use?
- is it to complicated so they do not understand it?
- is it to simple so they already know it?
- is it to “plain” so they think its not interesting?
- could the entire concept be explained in 10 to 12 minutes (this is the huge one and the deciding factor for every example i chose)